|Club Field Rules||2017|
WINDINGBROOK FLYING CLUB FIELD RULES - 2017
1) Flying will be at the designated flying site. An on-site club officer will determine if flying needs to be temporary moved to another site, due to activity at the designated site.
2) All members /flying guests must hold a current AMA membership and abide by the AMA National Model Aircraft Safety Code and all AMA rules and regulations.
3) Members must place a frequency pin on the frequency stand in the pits if not flying on Spread Spectrum (2.4 GHz) before turning on their transmitter. Failure to put a frequency pin on the stand or putting on the transmitter without the pin on the stand that results in a crash of another plane will be the responsibility of the member who failed to put the pin on the stand or put the transmitter on with out the pin on the stand. No one except the pilot shall remove the frequency pin from the stand.
4) A pilot line will be established by the first pilot to fly unless changed by an officer/acting officer. Cones are mandatory when there are over 2 members present at the field, if there are no cones you may not fly. The four cones will designated each of four flight stations, they should be set up 8 feet apart. Planes may line up for order of flight only when there are multiple people currently flying. A secondary flight line can be established for small electric planes.
5) Takeoff and landings will be made, parallel to, or at an angle away from others on the flight line or the pit area. Pilots should announce their intention to takeoff, land, make a low pass. All emergency must be declared by the Pilot. (e.g. dead stick, lost of control, May Day, etc.) Aircraft that lose an engine in flight have priority for landing.
7) No aircraft shall be taxied, flown, takeoff or land within 100 feet of the pit area.
8) Flying will cease when any Winding Brook or other farm worker is working in the fields within the flight area, pit or adjacent areas. A club officer will determine when it is safe to commence flying.
9) Parking will be in the designated area. If parking in the road is necessary do so in a manner not to obstruct vehicular traffic.
10) Engines are not to be broken in or substantially tuned within the pit area. Check with a club officer to determine a safe place to run your engine.
11) Hi starts must not be used on the flying field.
aircraft which could potentially harm the grass are
strictly prohibited. This includes, but not limited
b) Any Jet planes (including turbo props) powered by a turbine engine or a similar type of jet engine. This does not include electric fan jets, which are allowed.
This is by the order of our club and the land owner.
13) All communication between the club and the land owner will be handled by a club officer or their designee. Please contact a club officer with any related field problem.
14) Spilling of Fuel is PROHIBITED. All refueling of aircraft must be done in the designated fueling area. A “catch” system for the excess fuel run off must be used while refueling your aircraft.
15) All two or four cycle engines and gas engines must be equipped with a muffler. Ripping of the prop or other excessive noise is PROHIBITED. Town Ordnance specifies a 62db limit at the road, do not exceed.
16) Any flying guest at our field must be a current AMA member and have their AMA membership card with them. They need a hosting member present and are the responsibility of the hosting member. If the guest does not follow the club rules, the hosting member's membership may be terminated. Guest should not abuse the privilege of flying as a guest.
17) Club ID badges must be worn at the club field.
18) Pick up all of your trash and take it with you when you leave. This includes cigarette butts, paper towels, aircraft parts, cups, cans etc.
19) When flying at the club field you must use a spotter if flying over 400 feet and keep your aircraft below 1000 feet. If flying above 700 feet you must have telemetry, and an altimeter in your plane. If a full size aircraft is spotted please descend to a lower safe altitude until the traffic is past. Please see AMA Seek and Avoid document (AMA Document 540D).
20) No member, whether flying or not, shall consume or be under the influence of alcohol or any illicit drugs anywhere in the Great Meadows.
21) A spotter must be used when flying a gas model.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE ABOVE CLUB RULES WILL LEAD TO THE TERMINATION OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP IN THIS CLUB AS DETERMINED BY THE OFFICERS OF WINDINGBROOK FLYING CLUB.
|Copyright © 2006 - 2017|